Mother's Day is right around the corner and if you are looking for a beautiful gift that is personalized just for her, this is it! It's a meaningful way to forever treasure a child's handwriting...and it's practical too!
- ScanNCut Machine and Accessories
- Jewelry Box With a Glass Lid
- Etching Cream
- Pallet Knife
- Adhesive Craft Vinyl or Self Adhesive Shelf Liner
- Adhesive Transfer Paper
- Baby Wipes and/or Paper Towels
- Painter's Tape
2. Scan the paper in using the "Scan To Cut Data" function on the ScanNCut. Once it's scanned in you can select all the letters, unify them, and resize them if necessary and then save the design.
3. Remove the paper from the mat and place the vinyl onto it. Adjust the ScanNCut blade setting (doing a test cut if necessary) and then cut out the design.
5. Place a piece of adhesive transfer paper over the vinyl design and burnish it with your ScanNCut spatula or other tool to cause the vinyl to stick to the transfer paper. Next, peel off the transfer paper and place it onto the glass of the jewelry box. Burnish it again to cause the vinyl to adhere to the glass and then remove the transfer paper.
6. Cover the edges of the jewelry box with tape to protect it and then apply a thick layer of etching cream over the entire surface of the glass. Make sure you spread it evenly and get it into the corners well.
7. Wait the amount of time instructed on the etching cream directions and then remove the etching cream. I find the easiest way to do it is to gently scrape it off with a pallet knife and then to use baby wipes to remove it from the glass.
8. Next, remove the vinyl from the glass and clean off the whole glass surface with water and a clean towel.
You now have the perfect gift to show Mom how loved she is!
Here's the video instructions on how to create this awesome gift:
Disclosure: Erin is a paid consultant and has received products from Brother to evaluate. However, the opinions expressed are entirely her own and based on her use of the products.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy from these links it won't cost you a penny more but Erin will make a little bit of money (not enough for a pony).