Banners make everything more festive!
I've wanted to make a general "celebration" banner for awhile now since it can be used for so many occasions, and when I found this gold foil paper I knew now was the time! Here's a video on how I used my ScanNCut to create it:
- ScanNCut machine and accessories
- USB flash drive (see the compatible ones HERE)
- Patterned scrapbook papers
- Washi Tape
- Download the FREE cut file HERE
Step 1 - (Download the FREE doily_triangle.fcm cut file HERE.) Cut out one doily triangle, one triangle, one letter, and one shadow letter for each section of banner.
To create the letters and their shadows follow these instructions:
- On your computer open your internet browser and go to ScanNCutCanvas.brother.com
- Click on "new".
- Click on "text" down on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select the font you want to use, highlight the text on the mat, and then type in the word you want to use.
- Right-click on the text and choose "create offset line".
- Adjust the slider so that it is at 0.04 (or higher if you want a thicker outline shadow).
- Uncheck the box that says "create an offset line only around the outter edge".
- Click "ok".
- Click on the text and move the top layer of text below the regular text.
- You can then place two pieces of patterned paper onto your actual mat so that they will cut out at the same time.
step 2 - Assemble the banner by adhering the triangle diecut on top of the doily triangle diecut. I added a strip of washi tape to my triangle.
Glue each of the regular letters on top of the shadow letters. Using foam adhesive, adhere the letters on to the center of each of the banner triangles. Glue the finished triangles on to the ribbon an add any extra embelishments you desire.