Hey everyone, exciting stuff happening on my blog this week for National Craft Month!
First up is a great home decor project I want to share with you. I found these great frames when I was out shopping and thought how fun they would be to use at home or in my art studio since they have little clips you can hang photos or artwork on. The frames are great on their own but I thought it would be cool to jazz them up a bit by cutting a warm cuddly phrase out of craft vinyl and applying it to the glass.
And, I not only made one of these...I made two! So a random lucky blog reader can win one along with a bundle of ScanNCut goodies! -Check out the details at the end of this article.
Here's a video on how I created this project:
- ScanNCut machine and accessories
- Photo Frame
- Craft Vinyl
- Grid Transfer Paper
- Word Art (FREE Download)
- Every_Family.fcm Cut File (FREE Download)
2. Add a test cut to your project mat and then push the "cut" and "start" buttons. Even though you have multiple designs on your mat your machine will perform the test cut first and then pause so you can make adjustments if needed before cutting your vinyl. You want to have it cut through your vinyl but not through the backing so start off with the blade barely coming out of the blade holder, and adjust it from there depending on the results of your test cut.
3. Cut out the phrase on vinyl and remove the vinyl from the machine. Weed out the design by removing the negative part of the vinyl and leaving the words you will be using on the backing sheet. For long phrases, like the one for this word art, I like to cut apart the vinyl I'm removing so it doesn't accidently get stuck to letters I want to remain on the backing sheet.
4. Cut off a piece of the grid transfer tape that is a little larger than your vinyl letters an apply it on top of the letters, lining them up with the grid lines. Burnish the transfer paper onto the letters and then carefully peel back the transfer tape to lift off the letters.
Such a quick project, but it sure packs a punch! This would make such a great personalized gift too!! Later in the week I'll be sharing how I used my ScanNCut to create that mixed media art card I used in this project, so stay tuned for that!
Oh, and speaking of gifts, my friends at Brother ScanNCut is giving one very lucky blog reader a fun prize package! See the details and enter to win below!
Comments are now closed, the entry time has expired.
Brother prize valued at $53.97 PLUS Home Decor Frame valued at $50.00
Brother prize package includes:
-10 Sheet of assorted craft vinyl (valued at $22.99)
-6 foot roll of grid transfer paper (valued at $17.99)
-6 foot roll of black craft yinyl (valued at $12.99)
Plus you get your own Home Decor Frame that you can personalize with your own family photos and artwork.
Official Rules: To enter to win, just comment below on this blog post by midnight on March 20, 2016. By commenting on this blog post you are agreeing to the official rules and you agree to provide your name and mailing address to Erin Bassett and Brother International for prize distribution. Prize fulfillment will be done by Erin Bassett and Brother International.
Eligibility requirements: Open to USA residents 18 and older only.
A random winner will be chosen via random.org on March 21, 2016 and contacted that day. If potential prize winner does not claim the prize in 48 hours or forfeits the prize, the prize will be re-awarded. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: Erin is a paid consultant and has received products from Brother to evaluate. However, the opinions expressed are entirely her own and based on her use of the products.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy from these links it won't cost you a penny more but Erin will make a little bit of money (not enough for a pony).