I'm gearing up for Thanksgiving and created some projects for a vignette at my house. I applied a design cut out of gold vinyl to a plate, and created a little sign using stamps. Now, I always get a lot of emails and questions about cutting out stamps, so hopefully this tutorial will help you learn some new cutting techniques!
- ScanNCut Machine and Accessories (The Spatula & Hook Tools are very handy for this project! Enter to win the set + more below!!!)
- Gold Craft Vinyl
- Grid Transfer Paper
- FREE ScanNCut Cut File
- ScanNCut Machine and Accessories
- Leaf and Sentiment Stamps
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Embossing Ink
- Heat Gun
- Various Colored Inks
- Foam Adhesive
- Cream Cardstock
1.Insert the cutting mat with gold craft vinyl adhered to it. Download the cut file and load it onto your machine and then add a test cut. When you do a test cut it will cut that out first, and then pause so you can evaluate how it cut out. You can then begin cutting out the design or adjust your settings and do another test cut.
4. Remove the transfer paper and the design from the vinyl backing and apply it to the center of the plate. Rub the transfer paper to adhere the vinyl onto the plate and then slowly peel up the transfer paper leaving the vinyl design on the plate.
1. On a piece of cream cardstock stamp out various leaf patterns using different colors of ink. Allow it to dry and then place the paper onto the cutting mat and insert it into the machine. Choose "Scan" then "Direct Cut" and scan in your stamped design.
2. Crop the design selecting just the patterns you want to cut out. Next, click on the "offset" feature button. This is where the magic happens of choosing if you want a border around your stamped image, have it cut right along the edge of the image, or cut inside the edge of the image. Isn't it cool that you get to choose your preference! -I love it!
So for this project I cut the majority of the solid leaf patterns using an "inward offset" of "-0.02" and for the more open stamped images I used "0.00" so it would just around the edge.
My friends at Brother ScanNCut is giving one very lucky blog reader a fun prize package! See the details and enter to win below!
Giveaway Duration - November 14th - 15th
Brother prize valued at approximately $70!
Brother prize package includes:
- 1 set Spatula and Hook tools
- 1 roll of gold craft vinyl
- 1 roll of silver craft vinyl
- 1 roll of black craft vinyl
- 1 roll of grid transfer paper
Official Rules: To enter to win, just comment below on this blog post by midnight PST on November 15, 2016. By commenting on this blog post you are agreeing to the official rules and you agree to provide your name and mailing address to Erin Bassett and Brother International for prize distribution. Prize fulfillment will be done by Brother International.
Eligibility requirements: Open to USA residents 18 and older only.
A random winner will be chosen via random.org on November 16th, 2016 and contacted that day. If potential prize winner does not claim the prize in 48 hours or forfeits the prize, the prize will be re-awarded. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
Comments are now closed and a winner will be notified.
Disclosure: Erin is a paid consultant and has received products from Brother to evaluate. However, the opinions expressed are entirely her own and based on her use of the products.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy from these links it won't cost you a penny more but Erin will make a little bit of money (not enough for a pony).