Here's a yummy muffin recipe I make often in the cooler months.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 ounces)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (aka: raw sugar)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, spices, baking soda, and salt and stir well with a whisk. Stir in raisins.
- In another bowl mix together brown sugar, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil, molasses, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add the brown sugar mixture to the dry ingredients, stir just until moist.
- Batter will be thick, spoon it into muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sprinkle muffins with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pans immediately, cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 -18 muffins.
- Muffin size - if you fill them completely it makes about 12 muffins.
- When I made them this time I did not add raisins since my crazy husband isn't a raisin guy, but they are really delicious with the raisins!!