The season of love is here! Time to whip up some cute and easy home décor pieces! I love the way the raised hearts on this piece give it so much dimension and the stitching warms it up and gives it a homey touch.
- ScanNCut Machine and Accessories
- 12” x 12” Canvas
- 5 Sheets of Colored Cardstock (red, dark pink, medium pink, light pink, and one scrap piece for a template)
- Erasable Pen or pencil
- Red Embroidery Floss
- Foam Adhesive
Watch the video of how to make this project or follow along with the steps below.
- Place you scrap piece of 12” x 12” paper onto your craft mat and load it into the machine. Click on “patterns,” then the basic shapes, and then select the heart shape. Resize the heart to be about 10” tall by 10.5” wide. TIP: to “unlock” the height and width sizes click on the button with the arrows indicating height and width before resizing.
- Click on “home” to go to the start screen, and then again click on Cut out the smaller hearts by again going to “patterns,” then the basic shapes, and then select the heart shape. Resize the heart to be 1” and increase the number to cut out to 20. Place a colored piece of cardstock onto the craft mat and then cut the hearts out.
- Place the heart template onto the canvas and use an erasable pen or pencil to mark the edges. Remove the template and arrange the 1” hearts to fill the large heart shape.
- Use foam adhesive to adhere the hearts to the canvas.
- Thread a needle with embroidery floss and then sew a heart shape around the outside edge of the heart of hearts.
And voila! You’re done!
Disclosure: Erin is a paid consultant and has received products from Brother to evaluate. However, the opinions expressed are entirely her own and based on her use of the products.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy from these links it won't cost you a penny more but Erin will make a little bit of money (not enough for a pony).