I knew when I found this plain children’s tea set that it would be cute to add some vinyl designs to. It’s easy to layer colored vinyl to create custom designs. -Top the teapot off with some flowers from CanvasWorkspace and it’s great fun for your next tea party.
- ScanNCut Machine and Accessories
- CanvasWorkspace Designs: Flower Patterned Tumbler & Mother’s Day Pop-Up Card Box
- Tattered Lace Pattern Collection 1: Doily
- Craft Vinyl: White & Pink
- Grid Transfer Tape (optional)
- 6” x 6” Colored Cardstock: Dark Pink, Light Pink, Light Purple, Light Yellow, Dark Yellow, Green
- 6” x 12” Colored Cardstock: Light Pink and White
- 1.5” x 4” Colored Cardstock: Green
- Foam Adhesive
- Tape Runner
- Pearl & Bling Embellishments
Follow the written instructions below or follow along with the video instructions here:
- In CanvasWorkspace, download the flowers from the “Flower Patterned Tumbler”.
Using ScanNCut Transfer or a USB thumb drive, load the flower designs onto your ScanNCut. Resize the flowers to fit onto the cup and tea pot if needed. Load white craft vinyl onto the mat, insert it into your ScanNCut machine and cut out 4 of the “open” flowers.
- Next, cut out the “closed” flowers out of pink craft vinyl.
- Weed out the negative parts of the vinyl designs.
- Since the flowers are so small they are easy to pick up like a sticker and layer for placement onto the child size tea set. (TIP: If you are creating larger designs, use transfer tape to layer the vinyl designs.). Place the white “sticker” over the pink one.
Then transfer the whole flower “sticker” onto the cup or teapot.
Continue until all the pieces have been layered and applied to the tea set.
- Next, create the doilies by downloading the doily from the Tattered Lace Pattern Collection 1 onto your ScanNCut.
Resize it if needed and then cut it out of white cardstock.
Use the “open” flower from the Flower Patterned Tumbler as a doily for the saucers.
- Place the remaining colored cardstock onto your craft mat so you can cut out the flowers to go into the tea pot.
On your ScanNCut (or in Canvas Workspace) lay out flowers and leaves from the “Mother’s Day Pop-up Card Box” so that they coordinate with where you placed the cardstock on the cutting mat.
- Assemble the flowers by layering them with adhesive.
Plce the green rectangle into the teapot and mark were it comes out of the top of the teapot. Place the assembled flowers on the top of the green rectangle above the “top of the teapot” mark. Use foam adhesive on some of the flowers to vary the depth.
Fold the leaves on the score marks and then adhere them onto the rectangle.
Adhere the pearl and bling embellishments to the center of the flowers.
- Place the flowers into the teapot and enjoy your tea party with your favorite little ones.
Disclosure: Erin is a paid consultant and has received products from Brother to evaluate. However, the opinions expressed are entirely her own and based on her use of the products.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy from these links it won't cost you a penny more but Erin will make a little bit of money (not enough for a pony).